Saturday, February 22, 2014

About this project

          My name is Amos Withee. I am a senior at Mt. Abram Regional High School in Salem Township, Maine. For my senior project, I decided to see if there was a way I could improve the basketball skills of my community. Basketball is my favorite sport and on the court is where I have the most fun. Not many students at our school play basketball, in fact, only four seniors play on either the girls or boys varsity teams. I researched several areas of the sport, such as defensive plays, offensive plays, training, and practices. I also looked at common mistakes or misconceptions about the sport.



         The most important thing I learned from my research is that if it's not fun, children won't play, and teams or leagues before high school should be about developing all players, not just a few. To help children love the game as much as me, I decided to make a site where they could learn about basketball while watching my teammates and I having fun. Just click on the tabs to learn basketball terms, the fundamentals, plays, and training techniques.

         This site is for new coaches, less experienced coaches, and for parents who are looking to get an edge on the competition for their children.

1 comment:

  1. Alter the bottom paragraph to indicate the target audience: New coaches, less experienced coaches, and dads looking for an edge on the competition for their sons.

    This page can be used to explain who this website is for and how they can use it.

    ReplyDelete